Wednesday, April 13, 2011

6 reasons why I hate Facebook | Why this Great Website- Facebook Sucks

Facebook may be a big social networking site, but it’s not the best. OK; it can be a great web traffic source and you can get immediate exposure for your posts. These are pretty strong causes, why you would love Facebook. But not today. Now you will see, why this “great” website sucks.

Annoying ads

You may heard of Facebook ads. It’s based on the CPC (cost-per-click) and the CPM (cost-per thousands of impressions). There is no set cost for Facebook Ads. You can decide how much you’d like to spend for your marketing campaign. This is very impressive if you are an advertiser, but if you are an average user, these adverts are irritating. Every time you visit a FB page, in the sidebar there are about 5 ad blocks with a “Like” button under every one.

Privacy problems

Now there are loads of privacy options. But would you really trust a business orientated company? Maybe yes, maybe no. It’s your decision.

There are better social networking sites

Frankly I think Twitter is better. Of course there are limitations there as well. You can’t tweet a message more than 140 characters. But it is a great way to reach a targeted audience. Also Hi5 and LinkedIn are good if you want to get awesome results for your business or your blog.

“Spammy” emails

Here is my little story: I didn’t use Facebook for about one month. But nearly every time I viewed my email inbox, I got an email titled: “Getting back onto Facebook”. It always said:

Hi …..,
Sorry you’ve been having trouble logging into your Facebook account.
GET BACK ON FACEBOOK NOW!

Of course I didn’t try to sign in to Facebook. So all of those mails were scam.

Like to view the content

Every time I would like to view a page that interests me, it tells me, you have to Like to view all content. This is a quite simple marketing tactic. Getting users to register, to get access to anything. But what if I wouldn’t like to sign up? What if I don’t want to give information about myself?

I’m sick of the Facebook orientated world

“I will go to play football on Saturday. Can you come? Write to me on Facebook if you’re coming.“
“Can you give me the Maths homework on Facebook?”
“I will give you the link of my website on Facebook!”
Why do we need this website? OK; it’s good and nice, but that’s it. Everything is that’s it…

So if I would like to summarize this social network, I would say today it is good but tomorrow it will end up like MySpace, forgotten.

No comments: